- Total:20 mins
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:5 mins
- Yield:4 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna, flaked
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 8 slices bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
Steps to Make It
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper. Mix with a fork until well blended.
- Spread the tuna salad mixture on 4 slices of the bread. Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread then cut each sandwich in half diagonally.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup milk.
- Carefully dip the sandwich halves in the egg mixture.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the sandwich halves in hot butter until nicely browned on both sides.
- Add a slice of American cheese to each sandwich before slicing and dipping
- Add 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion to the tuna salad mixture
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of chopped dill pickle to the tuna mixture