- Total:25 mins
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:10 mins
- Yield:4 servings
Pasta salad is an ideal dish to eat during the warm months—it needs little cooking, can be made ahead, and is great served cold or at room temperature. It is also very flexible, allowing you to add protein, vegetables, herbs, and different dressings. This flavorful pasta salad features white tuna, chopped red onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and sliced grape tomatoes. The fresh dill and lemon juice add a bit of brightness to the creamy dressing, making this pasta salad perfect for an everyday lunch, or as a side dish at your next cookout.
- 8 ounces cavatappi (or elbow macaroni)
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna (drained and flaked)
- 3 tablespoons red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (mashed and finely minced)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced or halved)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
Steps to Make It
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted waterfollowing package directions; drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, bell pepper, dill, and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine 3/4 cup of the mayonnaise and the sour cream.
- Put the pasta in the bowl with the vegetables, add the mayonnaise mixture, and gently toss to combine. Add more mayonnaise if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and stir gently. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.